Welcome to our website. This is the formal part, just to make sure things run smoothly.
The term 'Osce-Aid' or 'us' or 'we' refers to The OSCE-Aid Team. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (please see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy (please see below).
Intellectual Property Rights
This website and its content is copyright of Osce-Aid - © Osce-Aid 2013. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
The design, layout, look, appearance and graphics are owned by or licensed to us. Reproduction is prohibited without our express permission.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We are strong supporters of medical education and would be happy to discuss the use of our teaching materials in medical education settings. However, you must not use our presentations or videos in formal teaching sessions without first obtaining our agreement (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (please see below).
Our liability limitations
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information, products or services available through this website meet your specific requirements.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only, and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We cannot provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
Osce-Aid is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then any information provided will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
- name, job title, place of work/study, age
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to surveys or the website content
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improvement of our products and services.
- Correspondence regarding new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. This correspondence will be addressed to your email address as provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable safeguards to secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission to do so or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you wish to delete your account with us or to remove/edit any comments/posts on the website, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to resolve the issue.
You may not use our site to transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to 'post' or upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with our content standards as follows.
Contributions must not:
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Contain any material that is defamatory of any person;
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, any illegal activity, or any form of discrimination;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from the Osce-Aid Team, or from any person other than yourself.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in this acceptable use policy (or for other reasons that we deem appropriate).
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Competition Prize Draws
From time to time, we may run prize competitions to encourage active participation in our site. These are usually random prize allocations to users who submit content/feedback to areas of the site where there are specific competitions running. Our prize competitions are governed by the following terms and conditions:
- Entry to competitions is free and requires no payment to OSCE-Aid, however you may be charged for your connection to the internet;
- Entrants must be registered users of the site and not subject to any ban or suspension of their account (before or during the period of the competition);
- All members of the OSCE-Aid team and any person with an official relationship with OSCE-Aid are denied entry to our competitions;
- Entries will only be valid if they are submitted between the dates stated for each competition;
- Entries will only be valid if they include a working email address that entrants check regularly (if we don't hear a response from any email communication with you after 2 weeks then we will select another entrant);
- Entries will be excluded if they break any terms in our Acceptable Use Policy (as above);
- Only one entry is allowed per email address, unless otherwise stated;
- 'Random prize draw' indicates that each entry is equally weighted and the winning entry is picked by random number generation;
- Sponsored prizes are kindly donated by external companies in return for publicity on our site;
- We reserve the right to change a prize to an approximately equivalent value object;
- We regret that we can only deliver prizes to addresses within the United Kingdom (overseas entrants will have to provide a delivery address within the United Kingdom in order to receive the prize);
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, or if you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
We hope you find our site useful, and thank you for visiting!
For previous copies of our Terms and Conditions, please visit our full desktop website.
last updated: 03/11/2013